Wednesday 5 May 2010

"LOVUUUU?!?!" XD

Love, Sweet Love. (---- pssst, clicky clicky!)


Love, sweet love. All I could do after reading the article was to just smile a little and shake my head. Love. As much as the title may suggest the lovey dovey and all that jazz, the article is pretty much highlighting the not-so-fine aspects of love. Such lovely irony, haha.


One of the things the writer had to get off his chest in the article was regarding teenagers being often engaged in public displays of affection to the extent that it is all being an eyesore for people in general (Is there actually a minority that actually enjoys observing such stuff? Zomg I hope not. x.X) . The article also suggests that they are becoming an increasingly common sight, which I can't deny having witnessed them when I'm not in school nor at home.


To me, I do think that such acts are actually okay, but NOT simply because I am in a relationship and thus am in denial that it can appear disgusting (I'm not such an extreme person so I don't pull such stunts in public, okay?! ), but that it ought to be kept in moderation. The concept of all humans unable to contain or possess too much of anything stands true. It is definitely unacceptable when acts of affection start to get erm... explicit-looking. I shall not further elaborate on that, I'm sure you guys know what I'm talkin' about... x.X


So I'm pretty much neutral about this. Apart from students (I forgot to mention that the writer is solely targeting students) behaving with such extreme due to... perhaps raging hormones, I think partly why this topic has turned out so negatively is because Singaporeans, no matter what, areconservative beings in the first place.


I recall the days when I was a small child, yelling out loud some "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" when my brother and I spotted some young adults shyly pecking each other's cheek in a park, which definitely embarrassed the hell out of the couple. Why was this so? Our parents or grandparents nurtured as so. We as teenagers of this generation are caught in between two society extremes of being very conservative like the olden traditional times or by being outright ignorant, open and expressive as how the American culture has influenced us all. Those that display such eyesore acts of affection are perhaps edging to the extreme of not caring about the rest of the world. =P



But well, what do you guys think? Is it pretty much unacceptable? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment